- E-cigarettes provide heat to the mouth when they are being used. This heat changes the bacterial presence found in your mouth. This causes the mouth to dry out. Which, as we learned from our last blog, can lead to the damage of your enamel and promote the growth of bacteria in the mouth. This can lead to cavities, sores, and other painful issues.
- Vaping has been proven to cause not only cavities but also bone loss and inflamed gums!
- This inflammation in your mouth can also leave your mouth to become an easy target for infection and disease.
- The temperature rising in your mouth, due to the use of these e-cigarettes, can dramatically increase tooth decay.
- They can also cause a darkening of the teeth. This is caused by the nicotine still found within an e-cigarette. They don’t have tar in them, but they still have nicotine. Nicotine likes to stick to your enamel and weaken it. This build-up causes the tooth to attract plaque and other coloring agents to the teeth to speed up the discoloring process.
- E-cigarettes are indeed no better than actual cigarettes. Both should be avoided to have optimal dental health.
- Although not directly proven and is still being researched, there an argument that the flavors found in vaping oils are also a leading cause of damage to the mount. But until further research, this is still speculation.
Our Office Hours & Address:
Monday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Thursday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Friday: 08:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Saturday: 08:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Our Location: 100 Harth Place, Summerville, SC 29485
After Hours? Don't Panic! Were Only A Phone Call Away!
Our after-hours telephone number is 843.873.7326 If you have a dental emergency, please call our after-hours telephone number and follow the instructions on our out-going message. Please note that medications will only be prescribed for patients who have recently been seen in our office. Recommendations for care for certain emergency situations, such as what to do if your tooth is knocked out, are available on our website. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911 or get to the nearest emergency room.