There are a lot of interesting facts about your mouth, the teeth you have, and the practice of dentistry! If your kid loves learning, knowing new and fun facts, or is just a curious kid, talk to them about these cool dentistry facts!
- The average American spends 38.5 days of their life brushing their teeth!
- More people use toothbrushes that are blue than the color red!
- Flossing accounts for 40% of the cleaning of your teeth!
- Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body.
- While you are supposed to brush 2-3 minutes a day, the average amount of time spent brushing is 45-70 seconds!
- Plaque can be made up of more than 300 types of bacteria! Yuck!
- Floss was first manufactured in the year 1882!
- The first Dental Hygienist was Irene Newman in 1905!
- Before modern toothbrushes, people used tree twig fibers!
Did you learn something new today? If so, let us know which was your favorite fact in the comments of this blog! If you want to keep learning more about Dentistry, follow our social media pages!