- Most insurance plans will run out on December 31st. You are very quickly running out of time to renew your insurance and to use your current benefits.
- If you have met or are close to reaching your deductible, take advantage of it! Get those last-minute dental cleanings, cavities filled, or other dental surgeries or procedures done that you or your family members have been putting off. Get them done before your deductible resets and when you’ll have to pay top dollar for these services.
- Many dental insurance plans have a maximum coverage amount. If you’ve been needing a root canal, crowns, fillings, etc. it’s time to use your coverage amount. It too will reset once the new year begins. Save your mouth and bank account any further pain!
- Health insurance has been changing drastically these last few years. Next year your coverage might change again and what you’ve been able to cover these last few years, might not be covered next year or even the year after that. Help yourself and avoid any surprises. Have your family members and yourself get the treatment they need before it may or may not be covered.
- If you have an FSA account to cover your medical expenses, remember that whatever is leftover in your account at the end of the year will not roll over into the next. Don’t let that money go to waste!
- If you have an FSA, you may have a grace period of about two months into the new year to use some of the previous year’s money. You might be able to carry over $500, but this isn’t the case for every FSA. If you have more than $500 left in the FSA account, you will still be losing it if you don’t use it!
- If you are paying for or are having part of your paycheck go towards your insurance every month, you’ve worked hard towards your premium all year. If you haven’t been to the doctor or dentist all year, it’s time for a visit. You and your family deserve it!
- According to the National Association of Dental Plans, only 2.8% of people with a PPO dental plan reached or exceeded their plans annual maximum.
- Your employer is paying for some of your insurance coverage too. If you don’t use your benefits, you’re wasting their money. This hurts the company that employs you and could eventually affect you or your job.
- Preventative care is much better than dealing with what could be a nasty outcome if something is left untreated. It’s much better to keep your teeth clean and healthy to avoid cavities and other issues than it is to wait until you have to have a root canal or crown. Both procedures are much more expensive than your annual exam and cleaning. Plus, many plans pay for preventative coverage without any or a very little co-pay coming out of your pocket.
- People will be trying to use their benefits by the end of the year. If your family needs any care before the 31st, try and schedule them before you lose any opportunity to use your end of the year benefits.
Our Office Hours & Address:
Monday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Thursday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Friday: 08:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Saturday: 08:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Our Location: 100 Harth Place, Summerville, SC 29485
After Hours? Don't Panic! Were Only A Phone Call Away!
Our after-hours telephone number is 843.873.7326 If you have a dental emergency, please call our after-hours telephone number and follow the instructions on our out-going message. Please note that medications will only be prescribed for patients who have recently been seen in our office. Recommendations for care for certain emergency situations, such as what to do if your tooth is knocked out, are available on our website. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911 or get to the nearest emergency room.